Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Eve series 3 on CBBC this week

Series 3 of Eve screens this week on CBBC, on Wednesday 26th October, with episode 1 at 4.30pm and episode 2 at 5.30pm - the series continues every Wednesday after that at 4.30pm.

My episode is number 3, which means it'll be on next week, Wednesday 2nd November at 4.30pm! I can't wait for you all to see it. It's... different to pretty much everything else I've done so far. It's quite mad. You'll see what I mean next week.

It was MASSIVELY fun to write, and then MASSIVELY difficult, and then fun again, then difficult again, then finally fun again. I decided to try and be clever, which is always a mistake, because my brain got tied up in knots trying to unravel the plot. I got there in the end, but clearly haven't learned my lesson, because the current movie I'm writing is ridiculously complicated. Oops.

If you haven't seen the show, where the hell have you been?! It's brilliantly funny, smart and cool, and the team are amazing, headed up by the fantastically brainy Emma Reeves and David Chikwe, with supernaturally sharp script editing from Sophia Morphew. Thank you so much for having me back on your superb show, and for being so welcoming and lovely.

And kudos to Adrian McDowall, director of my bonkers episode, who I met at the readthrough and when he said he was directing my one, I just laughed and said "good luck", which wasn't really helpful. Despite me throwing all sorts of obstacles at him, he's done an *amazing* job on the episode. Coming back for another series, I already knew what the wonderful cast were capable of, so I threw a lot at them, especially Poppy Lee Friar, who I can't say enough good things about, she's a comedic genius.

You can catch up on the previous episodes here, watch a series 1 & 2 recap here, and see a sneak peek at episode 1 here. Go catch up, and get ready!

While you're waiting for this to start, you can go here and catch up on episodes of my new webseries, Mina Murray's Journal, a #vladaptation of Dracula with Mina & Lucy as the heroes, set in the present day using vlogs - with more jokes! It's suitable for most ages, and I'm very proud of it. Catch up on that now!